Welcome to cooking tips Guide
Cooking Tips Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
Healthy Chicken Cooking Tipsfrom:
People want to eat healthy foods today, and a good way to accomplish that is through poultry. There are some chicken cooking tips that can help you in the kitchen and protect your family as well.
Here are a few of the best chicken cooking tips available.
• You must take care to always wash your hands, knife, and cutting board in hot soapy water after preparing raw poultry.
• You should never use the same utensils and cutting board for other ingredients without thoroughly washing them first and after use. This prevents cross contamination.
• You should always marinate poultry in the refrigerator. Never leave it out in the open.
• Do not use the poultry marinade for basting.
• If the marinade is to be used for the basis of a sauce, bring it to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
• Never put cooked poultry on the same plate that was used to transport raw poultry. Again, this prevents cross contamination.
Here are some chicken cooking tips for storing your poultry:
• Fresh poultry is a very perishable food. You should not leave it out in the open air. Instead, wrap it in plastic as soon as you get it home from the store and always store it in the coldest part of your refrigerator. You should use it within two days; if this is not possible, place it in a freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. You should always freeze giblets and livers separately from the whole bird.
• Cooked poultry dishes can be frozen. However, you should not freeze poultry dishes that contain mayonnaise or hard-boiled eggs.
• Allow small poultry dishes to cool completely before wrapping and freezing them. Allow larger items to cool in the refrigerator and then wrap airtight and freeze.
• You should never freeze stuffed poultry.
Some of the most important chicken cooking tips involve proper thawing of the bird.
It is especially important that the poultry be properly thawed before cooking. Allow it to thaw in the refrigerator while it is in the original wrapper. You can place it on a tray to catch any drips that may fall as it thaws.
When thawing in the refrigerator is not possible because there is not enough time, there are two other alternatives. For rapid thawing, you can put the bird in watertight wrapping and then submerge in cold water. You should change the water frequently as this will help quicken the process. Smaller birds require about one to two hours.
The other alternative is to leave the bird in its wrapper and put it into a heavy paper grocery bag. Close up the bag and put it into a cool room. You will need to check it frequently, and once the bird is thawed, you must cook it immediately.
You can find many more chicken cooking tips online or in most good cook books.
Cooking Tips News
No relevant info was found on this topic.